Translate

13 May 2021

Early morning-Port Macquarie




 I am on the last leg of my 3,500km road trip. Yesterday there were no photo ops, just a long tedious 460 km drive on motorway from Merrimac in Queensland to Port Macquarie in NSW so no blog photos . After the first few kms of heavy traffic in the Gold Coast area it was a very quiet road going south so I just set the cruise control, turned on Spotiy-my constant companion for the whole trip-and sat back and watched the scenery flash past.

After a very enjoyable evening last night I was up with the sparrows for my early morning walk and the coastal path in Port Macquarie is one of the best. The health app on my iPhone shows that I walked 5.2kms today just bettering the 5.1kms I walked yesterday morning. The best part of today's walk is the photo I took this morning-above. I think this may well be the best shot from the trip. And yes it was taken with my iPhoneSE. And it is "as shot" no adjustment except for a slight cropping at the margins..Serious food for thought.

Why was I not carrying a Leica camera? Quite simple I am trying to exercise hard nowadays to both keep fit and reduce my weight. Hopefully I am succeeding on both counts but carrying a camera for me is not compatible with walking quickly.

The surf conditions at the southern end of Town Beach in Port first thing today were idea and the surfers were literally running down the beach to hit the surf. I'd say that 40% of the surfers this morning were female.Times may not be changing in our misoginistic parliament and government but they certainly are a'changing in the Australia where most of us live and with one daughter and three granddaughters I say "go girls"

No comments:

Post a Comment