Translate

2 Jul 2021

An English summer's day


 I really like this photo of the seafront at Aldeburgh in Suffolk on the North Sea coast of England.

 It was taken by friend, Roger Putnam, on the 30th June. As Roger says "it's like autumn here with people dressed up as if they are going up the south face." The joys of an English summer.

The photo is so so bleak I almost found myself reaching for a thick sweater. Although I cannot see them I can visualise the seniors in their plastic macs huddled in the cafes and tea shops trying to convince themselves that the bracing sea air is good for them.

Roger took tthe photo with his Leica Q2. After a long period of Leica collecting and photography Roger went over to the Sony dark side a few years ago. I know the feeling. However last year the Sony gear was traded in and he is a Leica user again and with photos like this I am sure he is glad that he is.


No comments:

Post a Comment