Translate

22 Jul 2021

She's a Marvel

 

 

I have a new cat-Marvel. A three year old female domestic short hair -an RSPCA rescue cat.

After the death of my lovely Himalayan cat, Phoebe, back in March I made the decision not to have another cat for 6 to 9 months. However being alone in this large house in what looks like being a very long lockdown has worn me down. I need feline company so I went and found little Marvel on-line

She was at PetBarn in West Gosford. PetBarn have an arrangement with the RSPCA where rescue animals are displayed in their stores. There were two cats in the West Gosford store and Marvel was my first choice but I would have taken either. I did ask if I could take both but the other one was waiting to be picked up by its new owner so it was just Marvel.

We arrived home at midday and by 12.30 she had managed to climb down the back of the washing machine/dryer in the laundry. I left her there for an hour but she could not climb out and she started to panic so I had to extract her by the scruff of the neck. It was not a good start but we are still friends as she now asleep purring very loudly at the bottom of the bookcase about a metre from me as I type this. I have boarded up the back of the washing machine/dryer.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment