Translate

8 Jun 2017

Somewhere over the rainbow



Spotted on Smiths Lake in the Myall Lakes National Park,NSW, yesterday morning. I was driving on the almost deserted Lakes Way through the tiny settlement of Tarbuck Bay when I spotted this scene. I pulled across the road, grabbed my X1 from my overnight bag, checked the controls-most important with the X1-and ran to the lake shore. I could not believe my luck when I saw a heron on the boat and a shaft of sunlight broke through and lit the boat.
On the way back this morning I passed the farm below further along the road at Mayers Flat just before the road climbs into the Mayers Range. I have seen this scene many times and the light was never right for a photo-usually it is too sunny and contrasty but today it was just right. Always carry a camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment