Translate

21 Feb 2021

Poppy-reprocessed

 

 

I took this photo of grandaughter, Poppy, eight years ago on my Leica X1. At the time I was pleased with it and entered it into a couple of  photo competitions-without success.  It was a DNG file which I processed in the then latest version of Adobe's Lightroom program.

I came across the photo a few days ago whilst looking for another photo and out of curiosity I decided to see how the photo looked today when processed in the 2021 version of Lightroom Classic. The result really surprised me. There is a marked improvement.

 I guess that two factors are at play-firstly Lightroom has improved particularly with the incorporation of some adjustment tools which were not in the 2012 version and the tweaking/finessing of some of the other adjustment tools. Secondly my Lightroom skills have probably improved more than I realised. It was an interesting exercise.



No comments:

Post a Comment