Translate

18 Feb 2021

Goodbye old friend

 Back in late December I said goodbye to an old friend-my 1977 Porsche 911 2.7. 

I acquired the car in August 2000 and I had travelled 60,000kms in it which is quite a few kms seeing that it was never a daily driver and shared hobby car duties with my 1971 Porsche for 12 years.

I really enjoyed the 2.7 but I decided late last year that it was time to move it on. I was fortunate to sell it quickly at the right price and when it came to hand it over I had no regrets. We'd had a great time together.

It has been replaced by a new, exciting car but more on that later.  








2 comments:

  1. I know, it’s a Tesla Model 3: Agile, great handling, cheap to run, blissfully minimalist. Tell me I’m wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, yes but of course you are wrong. I'm leaving it to you and your fellow Tesla cult followers to save the planet-I'll enjoy my last remaining motoring years having fun.

    ReplyDelete