Translate

25 Aug 2022

Success in monochrome

I entered three photos in the 2022 Australian/NZ Monochrome Awards photo competition-two in the People category and one in the Places category. To qualify the photos had to have been taken since 1st January 2021 which really restricted me as I have taken very few photos in the past 18 months.

Last year I was awarded a highly commended in the People category of the 2021 Monochrome Awards with a my single entry, a photo of a Lightning Ridge opal miner, taken on my NSW road trip back in May 2021.

This year I was highly commended for my three entries but frustratingly still no cigar. According to the organisers there was a big number of entrants-up 40% on 2021 -and the standard of the entries was very high but I was hopeful that my photo of Surfers at Sunrise would make it into the prize winners.

Poppywas taken with my Leica Q2, Men of the Cloth with my Leica Q and Surfers at Sunrise with my iPhone SE. All three photos were shot in colour and converted into monochrome using Silver Efex Pro 2.

Here are the three succesful 2022 entries-Surfers at Sunrise, Men of the Cloth and Poppy.





No comments:

Post a Comment