Translate

16 Jun 2022

PoppyX2


 
 

At last a new photo. Whilst visiting family last weekend I hurriedly took this photo of granddaughter, Poppy, with her "natural" hair using my Q2.

I did some post processing on it with Lightroom and I was pleased with the result. It then occured to me that a monochrome version would make a good entry into the 'People' class of the Australian/NZ Monochrome awards-see earlier story.

A quick check confirmed that the entries for the competition closed at midnight on the day I took the photo so I quickly exported the file to my Silver Efex Pro2 software and spent some considerable time finessing it to the result below which I then entered in the competition.

I find that it is best to optimise the colour version of the photo before converting it to monochrome but that may just be an invalid assumption on my part.

Which version do you prefer-colour or monochrome? My personal preference is for the original colour version although I do also like the monochrome version.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment