Translate

12 Jun 2022

Oman revisited





 



It's been just four months short of three years since I last stepped onto an aircraft and flew anywhere.  My last flight was from Qatar to Sydney in September 2019 after three glorious weeks driving in Portugal and northern Spain. It is just a distant memory now. So much has happened since and much of it bad and sad-the covid lockdowns,Val's illness and then her death in April of last year.

It has not all been bad and sad news. New friends have entered my life as well as beautiful Marvel, my one of a kind, marmalade rescue cat and I did a restorative road trip soon after Val's death which unexpectedly threw up some good photos.

I have no plans to jump on an aircraft and travel the world anytime soon. Reports of congested airports with chronic delays, sky high fares and hours of mask wearing have extinguished my enthusiasm for venturing outside Australia in the short term. So there will be no new photos of mine from foreign parts for some time yet so I have looked into my archives in search of photos for the blog

Looking back at all the travel Val and I did particularly in recent years one trip to fascinating and friendly Oman in December 2018 stands out as one of the best, if not the best. So I pulled out some of the photos taken on that trip and looked at them with fresh eyes. I have reprocessed four of them using the latest version of Lightroom Classic and they are above. 

All were taken with my Leica Q.


No comments:

Post a Comment