Translate

3 Jun 2021

Winter


 It has been a foul day here in Sydney and Terrigal. Cold, 14ºC-well cold by our standards-drizzling rain and gloom. Winter is here. However the forecast is for sunnier and warmer conditions tomorrow and over the weekend so I can put up with it for a day.

I smiled at the sight of people in England rushing to the beaches earlier in the week in a"heatwave" when the mercury "hit" 24ºC.

I went into Terrigal this afternoon to go to the post office and I should have taken a photo of what a miserable day it is -but I forgot. Anyway here's a winter shot-a photo of the sunset at Wallace Lake south of Forster in NSW. This photo was taken back in August 2018 on my Leica X1 and it is as shot. 

On the eastern seaboard of Australia there are only a few lakes and lagoons where you can see the sunset over water and Wallace Lake is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment