Translate

12 Sept 2020

Oktoberfest


It should have been Oktoberfest 2020 in Munich now but like so many events this year it has been cancelled due to covid-19. This would be a massive blow to Munich and in particular the hotels, restaurants, beer gardens and the brewers as well as the people of Munich and the hundreds of thousands of tourists who come for the festival.

I first went to Oktoberfest 1967 during a one day stopover on a train journey from Yugoslavia to the Netherlands. I cannot remember much about it apart from drinking a lot of beer during the afternoon before getting on a train late in the evening at Munich main station.

I was in Munich in September 2018 in the week before Oktoberfest and saw this superb HB dray being paraded through the city.

I love Munich. It's my favourite city.

No comments:

Post a Comment