Translate

23 Sept 2020

Holiday snapshots from Stockholm

It seems like years ago but in fact only 15 months have passed since I was in Stockholm for just a week. A week was too short -I did not even manage to find time to visit the Abba Museum!

I did manage to take a vintage steam ferry to delightful Vaxholm passing beautiful summer homes on the islands. 

I have visited Sweden three times over the years and would like to see more of it but I suspect that I am running out of time. I may have to be content with just my memories and travel photos.

Last week I received an email from a British travel company advising me that I could visit Sweden without quarantining. Sadly the advice was for UK residents-and I wonder if it still applies anyway. For Australians we are still prisoners on our island continent. Not permitted to leave to go even to New Zealand yet alone Sweden. 

A few holiday"snaps" from a week in Stockholm. Memories from the time before Covid-19 changed the world.









For all the photographers who stress about their cameras and who have attacks of gear acquisition syndrome (gas) on a frequent basis all these photos were taken with my 11 year old Leica X1. The world is often full of surprises.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment