Translate

7 Jun 2020

Hats


I came across this photo taken at the Bathurst 12 hour race in 2015. I had overlooked it previously but I've now noticed the texture of the hats and the interplay of the light and shade and decided that it's worthy of appearing on the blog.
The hat wearers are looking into a pit and the photo was taken from the balcony running along the back of the first floor of the pit complex.
The photo was taken with a Sony a7 which I owned at the time and I was using a beautiful 90mm Zeiss lens which I was using on the Sony with an adapter and focusing manually. I did not like the Sony at all and although the Zeiss lens-originally from a Contax G series- is a superb lens manual focusing was too hard. After this I switched to the Leica X Vario.

No comments:

Post a Comment