Translate

15 May 2020

Good morning, sunshine.

One of the joys of life, for me anyway, is an early morning walk and particularly an early morning walk in an unfamiliar place on a bright sunny morning. The walk is even better if a photo presents itself.
This photo was taken in Portland, Oregon just a hundred or so metres from my hotel. It's just an ordinary scene transformed by the low early morning sun. If I had seen this later in the day I would not have given it a second glance.
The scene could be anywhere. I don't go out looking for photos-they present themselves. I invairably take my Leica X1 on my walks because it is unobtrusive and easy to carry. I guess that I could just use my phone but for me at least it's not the same. When I have the camera in my hands and am looking through the viewfinder my mental approach is different to when I use the phone. Maybe it's just a matter of what you are used to. Anyway the camera works for me so why change?

No comments:

Post a Comment