Translate

3 May 2020

At the lolly shop


 A blast from the polar region hit us on Saturday. It was very windy and cold and the temperature with the wind chill was in single figures. Very unusual for here. The good news is that mid to high 20's(C) temperatures are forecast for the end of the week.

I cannot take the cold like I used to be able to. My blood must have thinned living here. I was watching a British TV travel program last week where a railway worker at a Scottish station was waiting for an SMS on her phone to say that she had approval to remove her tie as it was so hot. It was 19ÂșC !  At that temperature I'm starting to think about putting on a sweater.

In an effort to shake off the lockdown blues we drove the 13kms to The Entrance on Saturday morning. There were very few people around and with most shops shut-many permanently unfortunately-it was a gloomy place despite the sunshine. It reminded me of an English seaside resort out of season.

To escape the gloom I dived into a lolly shop-Lollies N' Stuff-and found Taylah and Sophie resplendent in their Minnie Mouse outfits stacking shelves and generally radiating good humour despite the lack of customers or maybe because of the lack of customers. Luckily I had a camera with me and the result is above. Thank you for being such good sports girls.

With a shot like this of strangers you have just one chance to get it right. If you start directing the subjects or taking multiple shots and fiddling with the controls the spontaneity rapidly evaporates and you end up with the Instagram pout.

No comments:

Post a Comment