Translate

20 Apr 2020

No tricks





I used to take a camera with me on my early morning walk every day for the first ten years I lived in Terrigal. However in the past two years I have let the practice lapse and my camera has only accompanied very occasionally.
However since we changed from Summer Time three weeks ago it is becoming light at 6.00 am and also there have been some spectacular sunrises so I have been prompted to take a camera with me from time to time.
Today-20th April- the sunrise was doubly colourful as there was a perfect positioning of cloud. I saw that it was spectacular from the house as i was getting up so I dressed quickly grabbed my X1 and headed down to Terrigal and upto the Coastal Walk at the Haven. The smartphone photographers were out in force and the figure in the photo is a woman with a smartphone.
This spot is the closest you can get to falling over the cliff on the Coastal Walk and I am sure that soon there will be a sturdy fence there. A few weeks ago a large warning sign was erected just behind where I took the photo. It warns that there is a steep drop. Statement of the bleeding obvious me thinks.
I take my Leica X1 with me because it is easy to carry. After all the early morning walk is about exercise. The photo was a DNG file processed in Lightroom and there have been no adjustments at all to the colour. What you see is how it was-no tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment