Translate

26 Apr 2020

Salute to New York City

Covid-19 has hit New York City as hard as anywhere else on the planet, The daily death toll currently averages 450 and over 16000 have died so far. It is an unprecedented catastrophe for the city.
This awful situation makes me so sad. I love New York. It's a city I have visited many times and which I have always found to be exciting. It's difficult to envisage NYC in lockdown with empty streets and empty subway trains because I can only think of the city as a massive human ant hill teeming with life and activity. It is the city which never sleeps-arguably the capital of the world.
My chances of ever visiting NYC again are slim. Who knows when the travel restrictions will end and when they do will international airtravel be accessible?
In my travels to NYC over the years I have taken a few photos. Below are some of the more recent ones hopefully conveying some of the flavour of NYC and its people.
Here's to you New York. May you overcome your sadness and bounce back soon-better and even more lively than ever.
Hot dog vendor

Dog walking, Broadway

Time out for cooks at Grand Central Station, Oyster Bar

NYC skyline

Lunch time, Chelsea Market

From the High Line

Strawberry Fields. John Lennon Memorial, Central Park

Staten Island Ferry

Morning cyclists, Central Park

Girls on the avenue-Madison Avenue

NYC Gentleman

Columbus Circle subway station

From the hotel window

Farmer's market 1

Farmer's Market-2

Farmer's Market 3

Farmer's market 4
Reflected kitchen
Central Park taxi

1 comment: