Translate

5 Jan 2020

The New Year's Useless Objects

USELESS OBJECT #1


It's a rather unusual start to the new year's blogging but I felt that I should warn readers about two useless objects. The first is a Karcher K2 pressure washer. I won't carry on about it but suffice to say you don't always get what you pay for and this junior el cheapo pressure washer is no more effective than a garden hose when it comes to pressure washing -as I know from personal experience. Karcher is a reputable brand and I am sure that the more expensive models really do pressure wash but if you cannot afford one of those save you money and use your garden hose.
 Note to Karcher I really tried to love my washer but every time I used it I came to the same conclusion-it's useless.

USELESS OBJECT #2


The second useless object is Scott Morrison, the Prime Minister of Australia.
The last three weeks in Australia have been horrific.Our Prime Minister has been totally pathetic. If he had acted to provide adequate resources-such as water bombers from Canada and the US-and made plans and provided adequate funding when warned about the developing catastrophic situation by experts many months ago the situation could well have been much less severe. But of course, like his hero D Trump, Morrison does not believe in experts-unless they work for the fossil fuel industry. His response to the crisis by taking a family holiday in Hawaii and then showing a total lack of empathy with victims who literally had lost everything was an absolute disgrace. In the past 24 hours  he has put a short self-love video clip on social media showing what he is doing to tackle the fires. It makes me want to vomit. Talk about Nero fiddling.
Let me quote in full from a media OP today:-

Sadly unlike the pressure washer I cannot leave Morrison in a box at the back of my garage much as I would like to. I, along with 25 million other Australians, are stuck with him for another two and a bit years. It's easy to say that people just voted him in to which my response is but they would not vote him in today now that we have all seen his true colours.

He has just been holding a press conference ( Midday Sunday) and I was astonished to hear him complain that he felt that he was being unduly criticised. I cannot believe it. Unfairly criticised. He's lucky that he has not been lynched.

No comments:

Post a Comment