Translate

31 Jan 2020

Strange days, indeed.



I had to drive down to Chatswood in N Sydney this morning. Chatswood is known locally as Chinawood. It is not a typical Chinatown as it is more like an affluent part of Hong Kong transported to Australia. The transport of choice is a late model Mercedes and most of the shops and restaurants are now catering for the locals of Chinese origin.
Today there were a fair number of locals wearing masks because of the fear of the coronavirus. I was not wearing one but in the unlikely event that I had wanted one it seems as if they are already in short supply as this sign on one pharmacy shows.


It's been a very hot day and they are forecasting more of the same for the weekend which is a pity as I am off to watch the Bathurst 12hour GT race on Sunday. Watching motor racing in 38ºC plus is not fun as I know from previous years. On the motorway on the way home the car's external temperature reading was 41ºC and I took this shot  in West Gosford with the temperature showing as 40ºC.  Despite what all the climate change deniers tell us this ain't normal folks.


Finally on this very strange day to complete the set- a photo of Nigel Farage- a world class idiot. We have some pretty appalling politicians in Australia currently but I would not swap any one of them for Nigel Farage. What a truly horrible piece of work. I know where I would like to insert his union jack and it's not a place where flags are usually flown.
But he has his wish and the UK leaves the EU today. I fear this saga is far from over and it will end in bitter tears and disappointment in the future. Go the EU.

No comments:

Post a Comment