Translate

4 Oct 2024

Out of the cold wind

 


 

I found this photo quite by chance last week. It was taken in 2013 at the Ocean Baths at Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia on a sunny winter's day. It reminds me of days this winter in Terrigal when the sun was shining but the wind off the sea was icy.

The man and his little dog found a sheltered spot. The fact that he is reading a newspaper and not looking at his phone dates the photo.

The photo was taken with my Leica X1. Last week I entered it into the Leica LFI Gallery and it was selected to appear in the gallery.               

 I quote from the LFI email 'This means your image now ranks among the top representatives of this genre within the LFI Gallery. Congratulations!'. A nice plaudit for a photo taken 11 years ago and passed over by me until last week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment