Translate

2 Dec 2022

Smudge


 It's been many weeks since I posted a photo on the Rolling Road due to the fact that for the past three months I have been totally preoccupied with moving house. 

Now I am settled into my new home with my cat, Marvel,  my delightful partner, Ros, and her little cat, Smudge, so it's time to pick up a camera again to take some photos.

Lots still to do in the house although we have knocked over most of the unpacking. 

First photo of the new era is of Smudge.

Photo taken with my Leica Q2. This image is from a DNG (RAW) file processed in Lightroom but the straight from the camera JPEG is nearly identical.

The colour rendition from the Q2 is stunning. It is a beautiful camera.


2 comments:

  1. I am glad to see you are doing well, I have enjoyed reading about your travels (1st on Macfilos and later here) I was getting a bit concerned with such a long absence. I am having issues w/my Q2 getting the jpegs looking as good as the dng's...how are you making the jpg's (vivid? high sharpening?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comments. I've just again compared the jpeg and processrd DNG versions of this photo and they really are very close. I have the jpeg set to natural with standard sharpening. Have you checked the white balance on your camera?

    ReplyDelete