Translate

19 Oct 2021

On the road again

 


 

Lockdown was over on 11th October. Life is not totally back to normal but it is much improved. I still can't drive into regional NSW but this did not prevent me from joining up with Colin at Jerry's Cafe in Kulnura on last Monday morning for breakfast. Sadly Craig , the owner of the third silver Porsche of our trio, lives in Newcastle regional NSW, so he could not drive down to join us.

We have been promised that we will be able to visit regional NSW from 1st December so we will all be able to head north from Kulnura and up into the Hunter Valley on the glorious backroad on our next drive.

Colin and I arrived at the meeting point within 60 seconds of each other and considering that he had driven all the way from Mosman and I had come 40 mins across from Terrigal and the roads were really busy we did well.

We had a great drive up the Yarramalong Valley and up Bumble Hill. During the lockdown I only took my 911 out for two short local drives as we were only permitted essential travel. On those two drives I did not enjoy the car. It felt very agricultural compared with my Mini and I started to seriously consider selling it as I thought that I was perhaps over classic Porsche ownership.

The drive convinced me to keep the Porsche. The new 15"wheels and tyres I had fitted weeks before the lockdown felt really good and the engine was in fine form. Definitely a keeper-at least for a few more years.

No comments:

Post a Comment