Translate

12 Oct 2021

Five faces from a road trip

 I was so fortunate to do my road trip in late April because within eight weeks New South Wales went into the lockdown which only ended yesterday, Monday 11th October, after 106 days.

The lockdown seemed interminable.The damage to the economy has been immense.The damage to the mental health of the community is incalculable. All down to the incompetence of our Federal Government see HERMIT KINGDOM  

During the lockdown I have had ample opportunity to look at my photo archive and in particular I looked at the photos I took on the April road trip and decided to see how some of the portraits would look reworked in monochrome - as black and white is now called in trendy circles.

Below are five faces from that trip. Firstly two kindly Coptic priests from Sydney who were visiting Dubbo in Western NSW and whom I met at the Western Plains  Zoo. Arabic speaking Coptic Priests found in the Western Plains Zoo sounds implausible but it's true. 

The other three faces are miners encountered in and around the opal mining centre of Lightning Ridge in Western New South Wales. Opal miners are a special breed. It's a very strange and usually hard way of life and that is reflected in the miner's faces.

The photos were taken with my Leica Q2 and the DNG (RAW) files were processed in Lightroom Classic and converted into monochrome using Silver Efex Pro2






No comments:

Post a Comment