Translate

27 Nov 2020

Let's go surfing-part one.

 Earlier in the week I was having a coffee with son,Toby, in a surf shop/cafe here in Terrigal.  As we were waiting for our coffees I leafed through some surfing magazines on the table and was prompted to later look up the surf photos I have taken in the twelve years I have lived here. 

Professional surf photography has turned into an extreme sport. Surf photographers go out in massive waves riding pillion on jetskis or even swim in the surf to get those inside the barrel wave shots. Some use drones flying just a metre or so above surfers as I saw last year at a professional surf competition at nearby Avoca Beach where I also saw a photographer on the beach using a Canon DSLR with a mammoth lens which probably cost more than a small car. I can't match that but here and in a future post are some of my modest efforts.   






      


No comments:

Post a Comment