Translate

15 Mar 2020

Porsches and Coffee

I went to the Porsche Club Coffee and Cars in Dural this morning. The run down the M1 at 7.00 am was very quiet but I saw a Tesla S on the motorway with the reg plate YOU8ME. Now what sort of nasty moron has this as the plate on a premium car? It's upsetting to think that people like that are roaming free.
There was big turnout of Porsches at the cafe but there were only a handful of early model cars. A very high proportion were the latest cars.  There were only about six people I knew.  I have been a Porsche Club member for 20 years but I felt very much out of place. The world has moved on. The new members with their immaculate, complex and very expensive new model Porsches are on another planet to me. The Porsche Club has changed. I am feeling my age.
Some photos from the morning.
.
Well at least my car-silver- was in the front stalls

Line up of oldies

More oldies. Lancia is a real rarity downunder. I owned a very similar Mini Cooper S once. I wouldn't drive one in Sydney nowadays.

Great colour. Not white or silver. A real novely and a great looking car. I could be enthusiastic about this one.

People were getting seriously enthused around this one. I cannot understand the rear wing. It reminds me of my childhood with Meccano.

Neat. Reminds me of a Hot Wheels toy car.

A very loud interloper

 Imagine kerbing these. Easily done.

No comments:

Post a Comment