Translate

26 Nov 2019

Second time around.


 I was searching for a photo in my Lightroom library over last weekend and I came across the photos I had taken in Myanmar last year. Two years ago I started deleting all the photos I decided were not useful after a trip. But after doing this after two trips I decided that it was too time consuming and I fortunately discontinued the practice.
I had previously thought that after the Myanmar trip I had really worked over all the usable photos but a close look at the complete set last weekend revealed a few gems-either photos I had missed previously or photos which would benefit from different processing. Perhaps this is the photographic equivalent of the people who go out to old mine sites and work over the mullock heaps-the spoil from the mines-looking for nuggets or gems the miners had missed.
The availability of affordable and more sensitive metal detectors has encouraged more and more amateur prospectors to work the mullock heaps on mines across Australia and few find anything of value but chance big lucky finds such as this one-see Nugget mean that they all search in hope.
Anyway here's a belated selection of bonus photos-either newly found or with alternative processing- from Myanmar 2018. Finding these has encouraged me to go through other rejected photos. I know that not every egg is a bird but it seems that there are more eggs with birds in them than I thought.


















No comments:

Post a Comment