Translate

25 Oct 2019

A beautiful day


As regular readers of the blog may recollect I go for an early morning walk whenever I can and wherever I am. I have been doing this for as long as I can remember. The walk is usually 30-45mins and as well as keeping me fit I find it an excellent way to do some basic exploration of foreign places.
 I even went for a 45 minute nearly every day at 5.30am round the corridors of the cardiac floor of the Royal North Shore Hospital when I was confined there in mid 2017. It was very repetitive but I am convinced that it was good for me.
At home here in Terrigal most mornings the walk is sheer joy. It is better in summer with the lighter morning but even in the depths of our (mild) winters I find it worthwhile.
This morning the walk was joy plus. The promise was for a very hot day-36ÂșC+ -and even at 5.45am it was very warm. The sunrise was spectacular and there were a lot of people out walking even at the early hour. Australians are early risers a fact that was bought home to me recently in Portugal and Spain when at 6.00am I was walking totally empty streets apart from the street sweepers.
I used to take a camera out with me every morning here in Terrigal but over the last 12 months I have tended to leave the camera at home and to concentrate on keeping up a very brisk pace. Today was an exception and I took my Leica X1. I managed two photos shown here . The first is looking north from the path to the Haven . A man and his dog are silhoutted against the sea on the rocks below . The two kayaks in the sea are in fact seagoing fishing kayaks with some keen fisherman paddling them.
The second photo below was taken over the bay next to the Skillion. To make the morning even more special there was a whale swimming across this sunrise. Its fin appeared a few times but not long enough for me to include it in the photo. That really would have been a bonus.
It wasn't all lollypops and roses this morning. The flies were terrible and it was all I could do to swat them away and to keep them out of my ears. All the other walkers I saw on the cliff top coastal walk were also doing the Australian salute swatting the flies.
The day has turned out to be as hot as promised. Hopefully it will cool down overnight as on Saturdays I walk with others from the Terrigal Trotters. As the name implies the Trotters are a long established running group which does a run ever Saturday morning at 6.00am starting from the Terrigal Surf Club. Older members, and that includes, me walk.

Photos taken with my Leica X1 and colours and saturation have not been enhanced or changed in Lightroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment