Translate

19 Jul 2019

Faces of Singapore

Chef's smoko
Just back this morning from a 5 night stay in Singapore for my birthday. It was great. It's been about 4 years since I spent time in the city of Singapore as opposed to transiting through the world's most amazing airport -Changi. Singapore changes continuously and it seems even more affluent each time I visit. It's not difficult to see why the book and the excellent film "Crazy Rich Asians " were set in Singapore.
The only low spot was the flight on British Airways. Mediocre does not begin to describe it. Definitely not the world's favourite airline today.
Of course I took a camera and came back with a few photos of smiling Singaporeans. I spotted the two happy chefs having a smoking break down a back alley in Chinatown.
The little girl below was posing for her parents on one of the wall murals also in Chinatown.



The happy selfie shooters posed for me in the shop at the Gardens by the Bay-now Singapore's biggest tourist attraction and rightly so.
Finally below this very happy group are the door staff at the Capital Kempinski Hotel. They really seemed to enjoy their work.


All photo taken with my Leica Q which seemed to get heavier every day in the heat and humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment