Translate

23 Feb 2019

Memories of NZ


Yesterday evening I watched the first part of Coast-New Zealand on the southern Fjordland of NZ on SBS TV.
The scenery in the Fjordland is spectacular and the program really showed it at its best -the sun shone in every scene. The NZ Tourism authority would have been very pleased.

The program had me reaching for my colour slides shot on my wonderful 3 day traverse of the Milford Track in Fjordland in 1995. The shot above shows a much younger me-left in photo-with two friends, Chris and Judy Collins, who tramped* the track with me.
The photo was taken by one of our fellow trampers right at the end of the Track approaching the aptly named Sandfly Point where we were picked up by boat.

The photo was taken on my Leica M6 with a 28mm Elmarit lens- on Ektachrome film.
The slides of that wonderful walk are fading away. I need to hurry and scan them all in before it is too late.

* Tramping is the New Zealand term for hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment