Translate

14 Aug 2016

Weird and Wacky

It was the Shannons Classic at Sydney MotorSport Park today. Approx 1800 cars attended with dozens of car clubs represented. It's a sort of gigantic coffee and cars.
I took my 2.7 down to be part of the Porsche Club Classic display.
It's exactly 15 years to the day since I bought the 2.7 and it is still running well and looking good.It has now done 208.000kms.
Maybe I have been to too many of these old car events or else my threshold of boredom is getting lower but I find myself only looking at the weird and wacky stuff nowadays.


This must count as one of the weirdest vehicles on display. It is a Honda Motocompo.I cannot do better than quote from Wikipedia.
The Honda Motocompo is a folding scooter sold by Honda 1981–1983.
The Motocompo was introduced as a "Trunk Bike" to fit inside subcompact cars like the Honda Today and the then new Honda City. The City's baggage compartment was actually developed around the Motocompo. The handlebars, seat, and foot-pegs fold into the scooter's rectangular plastic body to present a clean, box-shaped package of 1185 mm L × 240 mm W x 540 mm H. Honda's initial monthly sales projection for the domestic market was 8,000 City and 10,000 Motocompo. The City surpassed its targets, but in all only 53,369 Motocompos were sold by the end of production in 1983 (no more than 3,000 per month). It was marketed in conjunction with the City in television ads featuring British band Madness.

15 years of fun driving

No comments:

Post a Comment