Translate

22 Dec 2012

Team Yellow Porsche

Going back ten years I was an enthusiastic competitor in local hillclimbs with my Porsche . My favourite venue was Huntley near Dapto where the Woollongong Sporting Car Club puts on great events in a lovely setting . The hill is short but challenging and the atmosphere is laid back and very friendly.Just how amateur motor sport should be .Some photos from the archives of me competing at a meeting in 2005 in my 2.7.Sadly now we have moved north it is too far away to drive there just for the day.It would mean seven hours on the road there and back right across the centre of Sydney for perhaps at best 8 mins on the hill .Even I have limits.And I have sold the track wheels and tyres -- they are now a Hasselblad outfit.
Leica Digilux 1 photos.





And continuing the yellow Porsche theme Lloyd Hughes below in his one yellow Carrera RS -now sadly sold this year due to his advancing years-competing at a meeting at Huntley in 2007.Lloyd bought this car new in 1972 and used this most desired of Porsche models as his daily driver upto 2002 when it underwent a mild restoration and drove it to and competed in hillclimbs/races and supersprints over many years.It has been featured in a number of magazine articles over the years and was a used as the maker intended - not locked in a garage.



No comments:

Post a Comment