Translate

4 Sept 2024

A morning walk

My 'vintage' Leica X1 has been restored to health thanks to friend Wayne fitting a new internal battery. It's not a straightforward task so many thanks Wayne

Last Monday I gave it a shakedown on my early morning walk here in Terrigal. It's been 5 years since I'd used the X1 and I'd totally forgotten how small and light it is and how simple the controls are. I'd also  forgotten how good the image quality is and particularly the quality of the jpeg files. It may only have a 12mp sensor and it certainly lacks the frills and bells and whistles of later digital cameras but when measured on the only criteria which really counts it's still a top contender.

A few days ago Wayne had pointed me in the direction of an outstanding photography website  A Cambridge Diary  The outstanding quality and consistency of the photos on this site has really motivated me to keep taking photos even here at home.

So I set out on my beachside walk at 6.30 on a really beautiful morning. I'd set myself the target of taking  three acceptable photos on the one hour's walk. The plan was to walk at my normal exercising pace and not to go deliberately seeking photo opportunities. In fact I came back with a bigger haul of worthwhile photos than I had hoped. Here they are-all taken within the hour and all jpeg files.

 












No comments:

Post a Comment