Translate

6 Aug 2021

Herons


Another beautiful winter's day here. Nothing else to do outside due to the lockdown but walk so I drove over to nearby Kincumber and walked on the track beside Brisbane Water for a 6km round trip. I took a camera and came back with just the one photo of a gaggle. or maybe it's a flock, of herons at the edge of the mangroves.

There are worse places to be locked down and I was counting my good fortune when I saw 5 carers pushing 5 severely disabled children in wheelchairs along the path for an outing in the sun. It made me both sad and even more grateful for my good fortune.

I also reflected on the young carers. Poorly paid with emotionally taxing work. How did we design a system where incompetent fools-mainly overweight white males- are highly paid members of parliament and dedicated, committed care workers are paid a pittance?

No comments:

Post a Comment