Translate

4 Mar 2021

Farewell my beautiful friend


 Today I lost one of my best friends- Phoebe, my beautiful Himalayan cat, passed away at the ripe old age of 21-that's over 100 in human years. By any standards Phoebe was a remarkable cat. Not only did she live to an extraordinary age for a pure bred cat but she was always gentle and friendly.

 The only time she ever scratched me was when I was giving, or attempting to give, her medication. Otherwise she was always passive and ready to give me a purr. 

Everyone loved Phoebe. She was an integral part of our family. The grandaughters grew up with her. She had her favourite places to sit and sleep. She was part of the furniture.

She was majestic and she was beautiful. Even as she was wasting away with illness she kept her lovely fur coat. On her final day she was still a grand old lady.

I came home from the vet this afternoon and it really hit me. The empty food and water bowls on the floor. Her absolute favourite green blanket on the setee and no Phoebe.

With Val very ill in palliative care and now no Phoebe this is a very sad house. 

If you want to read Phoebe's view of life in her own words click on this link IN HER OWN WORDS

Some photos of Phoebe across the years.














A final photo-16th January 2021-always beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful cat. So sorry for your loss and that you're having such a tough time at the moment. Hopefully an air cooled drive on a sunny day helps a bit.

    ReplyDelete