Translate

15 Feb 2018

Too hot, too long...

Too hot for me

Some people are never satisfied. We hate the mild Australian winter because it is too cold and now when summer comes we're whinging again. But I reckon that we have some justification this year. It's hot and humid here on the Central Coast in summer-that's a fact. But not usually so hot for so long and with such day after day high humidity. Yesterday according to my electronic weather station it was 27ºC at 6.30am with  92% humidity. The water temperature in the pool at midday was 30ºC-hardly refreshing and the temperature in the shade was 35ºC
This couple were on the beach at Terrigal on Tuesday mid morning. It was so hot on the sand whilst I was taking the photo that I could feel the heat through the thick rubber soles of my sandals.
A cool change came through last night and it has lowered the temperature somewhat but it was only a very short respite and the temperature and humidity are already climbing this morning.
Our poor very old Himalayan cats are really suffering. I try to put the fan on them as much as possible but Phoebe who really has a thick coat is a very unhappy lady. Some people give their Himalayans so called Lion cuts in summer but ours just would not cooperate and they would be so stressed we would not attempt it.
I am almost tempted to say roll on winter.

Too hot for Phoebe

No comments:

Post a Comment