Translate

15 Nov 2012

Leica M9 HDR

A few months ago Patrick sent me a photo taken by his friend Michael Garceau on his recently acquired Leica .It is superb and really shows what can be done with HDR .Michael's story on the photo is as follows :-

The final photograph is a composite of three different exposures sandwiched together using HDR Efx Pro 2 by Nik Software. Lightroom was used to make minor local adjustments to color, contrast and a little sharpening. Not much since the Zeiss lens I was using has very nice micro contrast.

The photos were taken at the Grand Canyon this past July just before sunset. The location was a pull off just after Lipan Point heading west from Route 89. I used a Leica M9-P with a Zeiss Biogon T 2,8/21 ZM lens and the Leica 21mm viewfinder attachment. The camera was placed on a tripod to avoid camera shake due to the slow shutter speed and to ensure there was no shift in viewpoint. Before I made the photo I was already thinking about HDR because of the scene's broad dynamic range. I don't recall the shutter speed but the aperature was set to f16.




1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is stunning and a perfect example of HDR use - I wouldn't have known it was HDR. Makes me want to head out with my tripod (and almost nothing makes me want to lug the tripod!)

    ReplyDelete