Translate

31 Jul 2018

Winter in Australia



Whilst Europe has been sizzling in record high summer temperatures here in winter on the east coast of Australia the lack of rain and some unseasonably warm temperatures are proving problematical-99% of New South Wales is now drought affected and farmers are desperate for rain. The paddocks are bare and they are feeding the animals bought in feed. The drought is terrible and it is taking a terrible toll.
Despite the unusual climate events too many politicians are still walking around denying climate change including the National Party politicians here in Australia who are traditionally the party for farmers. If I could I would rub the snotty little faces of those dickheads in the bare earth of the paddocks. And that includes you Donald.
For those of us not on the land the very clear days are beautiful and I have been walking around in shorts and a t-shirt at home most days although the nights are cold due to the lack of cloud.
Last week I was up at one of my favourite places, Seal Rocks, and I took this photo from the Sugarloaf Point Lighthouse looking down the beautiful surf beach to Treachery Head.

No comments:

Post a Comment