Translate

1 Mar 2014

The rider and his Honda CB175

Whilst driving south down the Old Pacific Highway a couple of weeks back (see previous story) I saw an early bike being ridden spiritedly in the opposite direction.The rider was crouched down and it was making a beautiful sound as he wound it up through the gears.As I was pushing on briskly I did not get a very good look at the bike as it flashed past .About 30 mins later he rode into the roadhouse and I was able to get this photo.It was a very original 1968 Honda CB175 twin.I have a strong personal affinity with these early Hondas  as I bought a 1984 model when Honda were just getting a foothold into the UK bike market.They were beautifully made and very reliable -qualities not possessed by British bikes of the same era.


No comments:

Post a Comment