Translate

18 Feb 2013

Tom's secret

Group C world sports car championship racing in the 1980's was fabulous.The cars were big and fast and made great sounds.It attracted major manufacturers as competitors and big crowds.
I took this photo of the TWR Jaguar pit prior to the start of the Spa WSC race in September 1989.I was there with Jaguar and I knew Tom very well but he asked me to stop taking photos in the pit.Why?With Tom you'd never know.Was it a secret mod (legal or perhaps questionnable) he was hiding or was he just being melodramatic?
Anyway 25 years later and with Tom sadly gone it doesn't matter and I'll never know .
Tony Southgate the car's designer is on the right of the picture.
Photo taken on a Leica M6 with a 28mm lens on Kodak Tri-X film.






No comments:

Post a Comment