Translate

1 Jan 2013

Happy New Year


    As we race into another year -a Happy New Year to all TRR followers. And a fun motor racing photo to herald the new year.

This is one of the earliest photos I ever took.A club meeting at Goodwood in 1961.A friend and I travelled by public transport-bus-train-bus from N Surrey to Goodwood . It took 4 hours - each way . We were keen.We were 15 years old .I used a Halina 35X camera and took the picture on Ilford FP3 film which I processed ( and printed) myself.A Le Mans start at a club meeting.The risk management bureaucrats controlling amateur motor sport today would have apoplexy looking at this . And note the safety gear - puudding basin crash helmets and pants tucked into socks . I bet some of the drivers were wearing ties! those were the days indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment